The Connect panel allows users to create and join SVO network rooms, shows a list of the people currently connected to a room, and allows you to mute your microphone and that of others in the room.
Creating a Room
Simply click the Create button, then choose between two options: Organization Only or Public.
- Organization Only rooms can only be joined by members of your organization, i.e. only users that have been added to your license by your organization’s administrator. Administrators can view these users in the Management tab of the Virtualitics Account Portal.
- Public rooms can be joined by any users of the Virtualitics Immersive Platform as long as they know the six-digit PIN code. You set the PIN code yourself when creating the room.
Once you choose your room type, click Create and your room can now be joined. For other people to join, they need the Room ID (and the PIN if you created one), which are in the top left of the Connect panel. Simply click the “Copy to Clipboard” button to share easily.
Joining a Room
Joining a room is easy – simply enter the room ID, and optionally enter the room PIN if the room is public.
Once connected to a room, the Connect panel changes to show a list of room members and a few different configurable settings:
- The Microphone button next to your name mutes and unmutes your own microphone.
- The Speaker button next to other names mutes and unmutes the audio from others.
- The Mute All button will mute all current and future room members.
- The Collaborator toggle, available only to the host, affects whether room members can change and manipulate the current visualization. When collaboration is off, that room member is just a spectator.
- The Kick button, available only to the host, allows the host to remove room members by hovering over their name and then selecting the button that appears to the right.
If you’re using a teleconferencing service, such as Skype or Zoom Meetings, be sure to mute your microphone through the Connect panel after you join a room. Otherwise, other room members will hear feedback as both Virtualitics Immersive Platform and your teleconferencing service repeat the sound of your voice.