What Is It?
The Statistics panel provides the following useful statistics for the selected numerical feature:
- Average (mean)
- Standard deviation
Why Is This Important?
The Statistics panel is useful for pulling up key metrics about single variables while exploring and investigating data. This is important for getting a better contextual understanding of the data you are analyzing. For example, a data analyst could look at the statistical breakdown
Steps for opening the Statistics panel:
- Open the Statistics panel by clicking the icon in the toolbar or selecting Statistics from the Data Analytics menu.
- Drag and drop a feature into the input area.
- A histogram will be generated with additional details depending on the data type of the feature:
- Numerical: Min, max, median, average, standard deviation and sum
- Categorical: A count of each unique value
- Date: Min, max, and a count of binned date ranges
- To produce breakdown statistics based on another feature, map the breakdown feature to the Color dimension.
- Now there will be multiple sets of histograms and additional details, one for each Color.