Virtualitics communicates with cloud-based services to ensure license security, check for updates, and sync users’ experiences in the Shared Virtual Office (SVO). It, therefore, requires the ability to communicate with the Internet.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns about configuring your network for a successful Virtualitics deployment.
Enterprise Network Deployment
Customers with large private networks typically deploy Virtualitics behind forward proxies, which mediate traffic to the external internet. Once configured, all network traffic from Virtualitics will be intercepted by the proxy. The forward proxy can deny connections based on various rules, so it’s important to ensure that your proxy allows the requisite traffic.
Note: If you are on a restricted network, please whitelist all traffic from virtualitics.exe to enable using all aspects of the software, including the Shared Virtual Office (SVO) and 2D maps from online map providers.
Steps to configure Virtualitics behind a forward proxy:
- Open the Preferences window in Virtualitics and navigate to the Network tab
- Under the Proxy Configuration section, select the Enable checkbox
- Optionally, select the Auto-Detect checkbox. If your proxy is already configured in the OS, Virtualitics may be able to automatically obtain the relevant connection information
- If manually configuring, uncheck the Auto-Detect checkbox and enter the proxy information in the fields provided. Example :
- Address : https://18.104.22.168 ( be sure to include http:// or https:// )
- Port : 1234
- User: yourproxyusername
- Password: yourproxypassword
- For the remaining checkboxes, select them according to your proxy appliance and configuration
- Click the Apply button to finalize your changes and close the Preferences window
Example: Configuring Sophos UTM 9 to allow traffic to Virtualitics cloud services
Whitelist traffic to *.virtualitics.com on “SOPHOS UTM 9”