Page Elements are objects that allow users to upload, view, and interact with data within the Virtualitics AI Platform. Elements comprise the base of the Page hierarchy. A Page will be a collection of Elements organized logically using Sections and/or Cards.
The following types of Elements are supported in the Virtualitics AI Platform:
InputElement: Allow users to provide input to the Virtualitics AI Platform; users may provide the following types of input:
- Dropdown: Facilitates the creation of a dropdown menu; a user may select one or more options (multi-select) displayed in a Dropdown element
- DateTimeRange: Allows users to specify date/time ranges
- DataSource: Allows users to select/upload data
- TextInput: Allows users to provide text input
- NumericRange: Allows users to specify a numeric range
CustomEvent: Allows users to call custom functions (via the
callback()method) by clicking an element in the Virtualitics AI Platform
- AssetSelection: Allows users to search available Assets (by label/type) in an instance of the Virtualitics AI Platform
- Image: Render an image within a Card
Infographic: Display high impact metrics for immediate consumption quickly and clearly; within an Infographic object, users may define:
InfographData: Object containing a label and text for the presented metric (information block); users may optionally define:
- A unit for the presented metric (days, meters, etc.)
- An icon in the top right corner of the information block (must be an icon in the set of Google Material Icons)
InfographDataType: Sets icon types/colors for the information block; supported values are:
InfographicOrientation: Optionally define how information blocks are arranged in an infographic; supported values include:
- An event that triggers a backend action (see CustomEvent)
- InfographData: Object containing a label and text for the presented metric (information block); users may optionally define:
Plot: Display a plot without the use of Explore; supported plot types include:
- Table: Allows users to display data in a table.
Dashboard: Allows users to arrange displayed tables, charts, and any other content on a Page in an easily consumable manner.
- Dashboards may be used to customize how Page Elements appear relative to each other.
- Dashboards are particularly useful when creating Pages for different personas within a Flow.
- For example, assume you have written a Flow that requires a ML model.
- In addition to Pages/Steps where you train your model, you may also want:
- A Dashboard presenting impact metrics and calls to actions for executives,
- A Dashboard with visualizations conveying the performance of your ML model for analysts/business development executives, and
- A Dashboard allowing data scientists to probe the innards of a machine learning model.
- With the use of Assets, you could even create a Flow consisting of the Steps/Pages used to the train models (where a trained model is saved as an Asset) and separate Flows/persona (each Flow containing the Dashboard(s) for the relevant persona).
- Please refer to this knowledge-based article for more on Dashboards.
XAIDashboard: Place the Scenario Planning Tool (SPT) on a Page, allowing users to explore machine learning models by modifying inputs and observing changes in outputs.
- Please refer to this knowledge base article for more on the Scenario Planning Tool.
Please refer to the Virtualitics AI Platform SDK for complete technical documentation of each Page Element type.
Why are Page Elements useful? When would I use Page Elements?
Page Elements are also ubiquitous in the Virtualitics AI Platform. Since Flows require at least one Page, Flows will likely contain at least one Page Element.
- Recall the Page hierarchy: Cards contain Elements, Sections house Cards, Pages contain Sections.
The type of Page Element you need depends on what you are looking to accomplish on the Page.
A few examples of when you would need to use a Page Element are as follows:
- You want to display an infographic to summarize the performance of your ML models. You would create an element of type Infographic and likely place it in a Dashboard.
- You want to display an image you created in
matplotlib. You would use the Virtualitics AI Platform convenience functions to create an image and pass the content (bytes) of that image to an Image element.
- Refer to this knowledge base article for more on embedding images within Pages.
- You want to allow the user to select one or more items from a dropdown menu (their selection(s) will be used later in the Flow). You would create an element of type Dropdown, passing in the options available to the user.
How do I use Page Elements in the Virtualitics AI Platform?
Please consult provided knowledge-base articles to see how specific types of Page Elements are used in the Virtualitics AI Platform: